As an HVAC contractor for over 15 years, I have come across various issues within both homes and businesses that I service. If you are having trouble with your HVAC system and don’t know where to start this is the blog for you. Below are 5 tips that every home and business owner can use to troubleshoot their system, but make sure you always call a trained HVAC professional if the issue cannot be resolved.
- Check the thermostat: The thermostat is something homeowners use and walk past every day so it is easy to overlook. When the heat stops working in the dead of winter or the air condition stops blowing that beautiful cold air on a hot summer night it is easy to panic. Sometimes it can be an easy fix and batteries might need to be changed in the thermostat. Maybe the thermostat is old and needs to be replaced. Check this first before moving on to the next tip.
- Check the air filter – Many times a dirty air filter can restrict airflow causing the unit to stop running. Make sure you replace air filters as often as you need, all homes and units are different.
- Check the power – Check for a tripped circuit breaker.
- Reset unit – Power unit down and wait 3 minutes and turn unit back on.
- Call All-Tech Mechanical Heating & Cooling, LLC for a diagnostic on your unit.
You must be logged in to post a comment.