An annual maintenance check can do that when you have an HVAC system you want to keep at the highest efficiency levels. After all, you might have a system that’s only a year or two old, and you want to keep it like new. HVAC preventative maintenance in Staten Island plans provides some immediate benefits and reduces the likelihood of any future problems developing.
Spring/Summer Maintenance Checklist:
- Replace All Filters
- Clean Evaporator Coils and Condensers.
- Clear Clogs and Clean Drain Lines to Ensure Proper Flow
- Remove Any Standing Water from Drain Pans to Avoid Overflows
- Remove Any Debris from Around the Unit, If it is Outdoors
- Inspect Ducts for Dust, Mold or Debris
- Check the Refrigerant Charge
- Check for Possible Leaks
- Check Thermostats and Their Controls
- Check All Connections and the Electrical System
- Make Sure the Fan Motor is Operating Correctly
- Inspect the Blowers and Blades to Maintain Proper Airflow
- Lubricate Any Moving Parts
- Check the HVAC Cabinet for Leaks
- Replace Worn Pulleys and Belts
This list includes items that get your air conditioner up and running for warmer weather. You can also do a winter preventive maintenance check as well, which consists of the same items. Here are some of the tangible benefits involved in a regular maintenance plan.
- Lower Energy Bills
- Fewer Repair Bills
- Avoid Catastrophes
- Equipment Lasts Longer
- Better Air Quality